Gofrugal on Oracle's ASEAN Cloud Connect 2021: Scale and grow e-commerce with the next-generation cloud
Oracle's ASEAN Cloud Connect 2021 is one of the leading innovation and tech events of the year. Kumar Vembu, the CEO, GoFrugal, and two other panel members Rathinakumar Vaidyanathan, Director, Oracle, and Pijush Mukherjee, Director, OCI Solutions, Industries, Oracle Japan, and the Asia Pacific, had an exciting discussion on how e-commerce businesses can scale and grow with the help of the next-generation cloud.
Significant takeaways that popped out of the session:
1) Tech is a must to provide omnichannel retailing; business drivers included
- Opt single view of inventory to support different fulfillment options
- Use suggest selling for easy management of channel-wise pricing
- Helps business to upgrade from buy-stock-sell to sell-source-supply with endless-isle
- Use recommendation engine in entire omnichannel that includes offline as well
2) Cloud is seen as a catalyst and helps businesses transform easily
- As there is one version of the truth - all stakeholders have access to the same source
- It helps to integrate data from disparate sources easily
- Last but not least, enjoy the cloud elasticity for scaling up.
3) Understand how and where to start this digital transformation
Businesses of any size, small or big, need not see this as a long-term project.
Rather, see this transformation as agile, involving all stakeholders of business with five steps.
Five steps of transformation include
Customer journey transformation
Business process transformation
Business model transformation
Check out this space for more interesting announcements and event summaries from Gofrugal!