01. What is a discount coupon?
A discount coupon is a card offered to the customers as a part of sales promotion. The discount coupon has a certain cash value which is exchanged by the customer at the time of buying goods in your store.
02. Is a discount coupon offered for free or is it chargeable?
Discount coupon is generally issued free and sometimes issued based on the loyalty acquired by the customer in the retail store. For each sale, the customer acquires certain loyalty depending upon the bill amount.
03. What are the types of discount coupons?
- Serial number generated coupons - Serial numbers for the coupons are generated at the time of Discount Coupon Creation. The user enters the serial number of the coupon at the time of redemption
- Manual coupons - Manual coupons have serial numbers. The user enters the serial number of the coupons manually at the time of redemption
- Serial Number Not required - Serial numbers for the coupons are not required. The user enters the total number of the coupons used for redemption
04. How can I set the validity of discount coupons?
Use the Discount Coupon Creation screen to set validity for the discount coupons.
i. enter the date in the Valid up to[Enter date] field. The Discount Coupon will be valid up to the date defined
To set a validity for the Discount Coupon, select 'Yes' in Expiry validation required
If validity is not required for the Discount Coupon, select 'No' in Expiry validation required field
To define the validity period for the discount coupon:
ii. enter the number of days in the Valid for [No. of days from issue] field. The Discount Coupon will be valid for the days specified
Note: You can set the validity only for a specific period or for certain number of days from the issued date. You can not define both date and days.
05. What are the steps involved in Discount Coupon module?The Discount Coupon module includes:
Discount Coupon Master
Discount Coupon Creation – Generating serial numbers for the Discount Coupon based on the data from Discount Coupon Master. This is applicable only for serial number generated type coupons
Discount Coupon Issue – Issuing the Discount Coupon to the customer for redemption
Discount Coupon Redemption - Redeeming the coupon for discount
06. What is the purpose of Discount Coupon Master?
With Discount Coupon Master, you can define the name, serial number, type and value for the Discount Coupon.
07. What are the steps involved in creating a Discount Coupon?
Use the Discount Coupon Creation screen to create new discount coupons.
- Select the coupon name from Discount coupon master
- Define cash value for the coupon
- Define the prefix for the coupons, number of coupons you wish to create, starting number of the coupon series and length of the coupon number
- Set the validity (date or days) for the coupon
- Press F2 in the screen and the discount coupons will be created
08. What are the steps involved in Discount Coupon issue?
Use the Discount Coupon - Issue screen to issue the Discount Coupon.
There are two cases. The discount coupon is issued to the customer either based on the discount coupon or based on the loyalty of the customer
A. Issue based on Discount coupon:
- Select the discount coupon created under the discount coupon creation screen
- Enter the serial number of the coupon issued to the customer (applicable for Generated type coupons only)
- Save the record
B. Issue based on redeem loyalty:
- Create the Loyalty Program using 'Create Loyalty Program' screen
- Create Loyalty cards using the 'Customer Loyalty Card Creation' screen
- Map the Loyalty Program with the loyalty card using 'Map Loyalty Program and Customer Loyalty Card' screen
- Sell the loyalty card to the customer using the 'Sell Customer Loyalty Card' screen
Based on the loyalty acquired by the customer, the discount coupon is issued and the loyalty points is reduced after the coupon issue
09. How can a discount coupon be redeemed?
The discount coupon is exchanged for cash at the time of buying goods in your POS. If you have two or more outlets function under an integrated HQ environment, the discount coupon issued from one outlet can be redeemed at the other outlet(s).
10. What are the steps involved in redeeming a coupon at the POS?
- After making the sales bill, open the discount coupon screen for redemption by pressing F3 key
- Enter the serial number of the coupon if the coupon type is 'Generated' or 'Manual'
- Enter the number of coupons if the coupon type is 'Not required' and click OK
- The discount coupon is redeemed for the sale